Search This Blog

Loading...

10 June 2013

Preplan for the 2013 Federation of Genealogical Society Conference



As Ambassadors for the 2013 FGS Conference in Fort Wayne, IN, genealogical bloggers are given questions to encourage us to think and write about our plans.

For this article, we were given five questions.
Will you be making a stop on your way to or from the conference to research your ancestors?
Do you have a brick wall that you are hoping to break through at FGS 2013?
Do you have a research plan for The Genealogy Center at the Allen County Public Library?

My answers to the first three are negative answers. My responses almost resulted in my not writing an article. I could ask, “How come this writer has three out of five negative answers?” After rethinking and asking the question, my article takes a turn or two.
Several reasons for the above answers:

  • Finances prevent extended trips
  • Health prevent extended trips
  • Commitments prevent extended trips – family, work, volunteer
  • Time restraints prevent planning ahead


Whatever your reason, THANK YOU for planning time and budget to attend the 2013 FGS Conference. The FGS society members, sponsors, speakers and other attendees want YOU to make the most of your trip whether this is your first or 100th.

The following two questions, I can answer.  

How will the lectures and exhibitors help your research? The lectures and exhibitors will:

  • Encourage me to think out of the box
  • Expand my knowledge base
  • Provide new ideas to share with my society


How will you use your time at FGS 2013 to help your genealogical research? My time will be spent:

  • Networking with past acquaintances
  • Meeting new acquaintances
  • Connecting with other family surname attendees


As a reader, how would you answer these questions?
See you in August in Fort Wayne!

Selma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support. We grow and learn from each other.